- FINANCIAL AID
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Apply For Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4)
- Financial Aid Office Code of Conduct
- Verification Policy
- Vaccination Policy
- Student Right-to-Know Act
- Establishing and Maintaining an Information Security Program
- Academic Award Year
- Availability of Employee for Dissemination Purposes
- Cost of Attendance
- Health and Safety Exemption Requirement
- Students Rights and Responsibilities
- Leave of Absence
- Pell Formula
- Military Students
- Grants/ Scholarship Policy
- CONTACT US
Leave of Absence
PCCTI requires students to provide a written, signed, and dated request for a leave of absence prior to the leave of
absence. However, if unforeseen circumstances prevent the student from providing a prior written request, PCCTI
may grant the student’s request for a leave of absence, if PCCTI documents its decision and collects the written
request at a later date.
Students may request official leaves of absence subject to the following U.S. Department of Education limitations:
- No more than 180 combined days of leaves of absence are permitted in a twelve month period.
- The twelve month period referenced in these provisions starts on the first day of the first leave.
A Leave of Absence can only be requested for the following reasons:
- Medical/ Health.
- Personal Emergency
Any student wishing to take a leave of absence must submit a written request that includes:
- Reason for which the Leave of Absence is being requested.
- Anticipated date of return on the LOA form.
- Student signature
All LOA requests should be submitted to:
Office of Financial Aid
2625 Butterfield Rd., Suite 102E
Oak Brook IL 60523
Fax: (630) 705-1422
PCCTI will not treat a Leave of Absence as a withdrawal if it is an approved leave of absence. A leave of absence is
- The student followed PCCTI’s policy in requesting the Leave of Absence
- PCCTI determines that there is a reasonable expectation that the student will return to the school
- PCCTI approved the student’s request in accordance with PCCTI’s policy
- The leave of absence does not involve additional charges by PCCTI
- No more than 180 combined days of leaves of absence are permitted in a twelve month period
- Upon the student’s return from the leave of absence, the student is permitted to complete the
coursework he or she began prior to the leave of absence
- PCCTI will explain to the student, prior to granting the leave of absence, the effects that the student’s failure to return from a leave of absence may have on the student’s loan repayment terms, including the exhaustion of some or all of the student’s grace period.
If a student does not resume attendance on or before the end of a leave of absence, PCCTI will treat the student as
The number of days in a leave of absence are counted beginning with the first day of the student’s initial leave of
absence in a 12-month period.
A “12-month period” begins on the first day of the student’s initial leave of absence.
The student’s dropped date for refund calculation purposes will be the last date of attendance at the institution.
If a student fails to return from an approved leave of absence, a portion or all of the student’s grace period
associated with any federal student loans may be forfeited resulting in the obligation to immediately begin loan
The school reserves the right to cancel any student’s enrollment on the basis of misconduct, misbehavior and
refusal to abide by the policy of the institute and retain the tuition fee for the percentage of the classes attended
plus ten percent of tuition of the entire package and other instructional charges. If any exams are included in the
package, upon cancellation there will be no monetary compensation or refund on exam fees, as they are included
in the package as a part of incentive.