- School Newsletter
- Alpha Beta Kappa Candidates
- Textbook Information
- Career Services
- School Catalog
- Constitution Day Program
- Health and Safety Plan
- Plan for Operation and Maintenance of Physical Facilities and Technical Infrastructure
- FINANCIAL AID
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Apply For Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4)
- Financial Aid Office Code of Conduct
- Verification Policy
- Vaccination Policy
- Student Right-to-Know Act
- Establishing and Maintaining an Information Security Program
- Academic Award Year
- Availability of Employee for Dissemination Purposes
- Cost of Attendance
- Health and Safety Exemption Requirement
- Students Rights and Responsibilities
- Leave of Absence
- Pell Formula
- Military Students
- Grants/ Scholarship Policy
- CONTACT US
i. PCCTI does accept PN transfer students. Completed course work must be earned at another institution accredited by an agency recongnized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). In order to transfer, a student must have the following:
- Submit your copy of your transcripts of PN program attended, which must reflect pre-requisites and coursework completed. The transcripts will be reviewed and evaluated by PCCTI Administration. (This Step must be completed prior to progressing through the transfer process). Students must have a minimum of 20 Nursing credit hours or 450 nursing clock hours with a grade of C or above.
- Attend scheduled meeting with the Admission Advisor to determine if submitted PN Coursework and pre-requisites are compatible with PCCTI s curriculum and coursework. You may schedule an appointment via
telephone, 630-705-9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Successfully pass written/online PCCTI Exam and a clinical Exam, which should reflect competency and knowledge level of content in previous courses. The final exam is required in progressing forward and being registered into the PCCTI course you are entering. For example, if you will be transferring into the 2nd Semester N102 of the program, you will be required to take the final exam for Fundamentals and Pharmacology. The online exam and the skills exam must be scheduled a week prior to testing.
- There are a maximum of two attempts for the online exam and the skills exam. Should a second attempt be needed, the second attempt must be completed within 30 days of the first attempt.
- Upon successful completion and passing of the final exam with a minimum of 76% and prior to beginning the program, transfer students must submit required paperwork as our regular PN students. (This includes but is not limited to: High School Diploma or GED, immunizations, CPR, Drug testing, physical, background check).
- As N101 books are used throughout the PN program, transfer students will have to purchase the Foundations of Nursing, Nursing Interventions and Clinical Skills, and Basic Pharmacology for Nurses books.
- Students wishing to transfer credits earned at an institution not located in the United States or its territories must have their transcript evaluated by a NACES approved agency. The Evaluation report must include credit earned as well as grades earned in a course by course listing.
ii. PCCTI accepts the prerequisites of college level Anatomy & Physiology with a grade of a C or higher from other accredited institutions, colleges and universities. The credits are evaluated by the registrar / campus manager and on-site administrator. The following steps will be taken to determine if the credits is acceptable:
- The student must submit transcripts of their credits.
- The campus manager and registrar will evaluate on the following criteria:
- Verify that the school is accredited by an accreditation agency that is recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Verify that the student has achieved a grade of a C or higher in the course.
- Verify that the course meets a minimum of 120-160 clock hours or 8-11 credit hours .
Any student wishing to enroll into the PN program at PCCTI and has completed the entire PN program at different institution and failed, must follow the same enrollment process but will be exempt from furnishing Anatomy & Physiology transcript.
Please note that at the time of publication, PCCTI is a vocational technical certification school. PCCTI Healthcare does not work on a credit system. Credit hours will not be accepted from other institutions. The amount of clock hours transferred from PCCTI to another institution may not be accepted as credit hours.
Completion of PN program & gaining NCLEX-PN licensure may be transferable to other schools, colleges, or universities. PCCTI highly recommends that students should consult with institutions to which they may seek to transfer. For further information, please call 630-705-9999.
The school does not guarantee the transferability of credits to another school, college, or university. Credits or coursework are not likely to transfer; any decision on the comparability, appropriateness and applicability of credit and whether credit should be accepted is the decision of the receiving institution.